Mary Carol Garrity is the kind of woman who can mix cinnamon sticks and pinecones with crystal glassware and then convince shoppers the look is seamless and elegant. Her signature layered style is designed to make people surround themselves with beautiful, affordable quality." --Midwest Living
Home decorating guru Mary Carol Garrity compares her techniques for transforming her own 130-year-old Greek revival fixer-upper to that of a bird building its nest-carefully selecting and layering all components twig by twig. In Nell Hill's Feather Your Nest: It's All in the Details each chapter focuses on nest-building basics for different areas of the home, from common spaces like foyers to private spaces like bedrooms. Garrity empowers readers to feather their own nests by developing a sense of personal style, emphasizing minor touches that make a major difference.
* The Wall Street Journal has hailed Garrity as a "one-person economic-development force" in her hometown of Atchison, Kans. Garrity's stores have become landmarks in the decorating world. The Mary Carol Home Collection, an extensive line of home decor products is distributed nationwide by the Gerson Companies.
* Garrity's three previous books have received coverage from CBS's The Early Show and NBC's Today show, as well as the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, and more.
- ☛ Used Book in Good Condition
- Binding: Hardcover
- Brand: Brand: Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Part Number: Illustrated
- Release Date: 2007-08-01
- Publication Date: 2007-07-01
- ISBN: 9780740768583
- Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Studio: Andrews McMeel Publishing
- Number Of Pages: 128
- Price: $14.84